Wednesday 5 September 2007

It really does seem quite close now. I bought milk today which will be fresh until the day I leave for London and then Accra.

I've begun the farewells now. Today I had lunch in Harrogate with Janet, Marie, Susie, Gillian and Debbie. Most of the admin is out of the way. Tax forms have been sent and I've been to the optician's. I'd been hoping that the the 2007 edition ofthe Bradt Guide to Ghana would be available before I left. It is the only guide which deals solely with Ghana. The new edition was due out in July but it has been delayed several times and will now not be ready before I go. The publisher says it is still on a boat somewhere. I have had to order the Lonely Planet West Africa guide as a stop gap.

Next Tuesday, I will be going to see Mr Hirst's class at Hookstone Chase Primary School. I think we will be talking about the things you need take when travelling to Africa and how you can use e-mails and blogs.

No comments: