Thursday 23 August 2007

Final day of training at Harborne Hall. It's seems like I've been here far longer than the week it actually is, but it was good to get a night off to see Debbie, Andrew and Ewan. On Wednesday morning Andrew suggested I went to the map shop in Upton on Severn. They had a 2007 edition map of Ghana, which is one less thing to have to think about.

We've covered a lot of facilitation and some negotation through lots of role playing exercises. I've been a five year old and a director of education, but usually a teacher (and female!). The last couple of days on organisational development have been a little less dramatic.

I've met a few people who will be flying to Ghana on the same plane as me, but at the moment nobody who is based any further south than Tamale, which is at least 250 miles away. According to my job profile there should be other volunteers in Koforidua but I haven't come across any of them yet!

No comments: