Monday 17 December 2007

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Last Thursday, all the volunteers in southern Ghana travelled to Ho, the capital of Volta Region, Ghana's most easterly region. It was a good opportunity to catch up with other volunteers and meet the new recruits who arrived in November. The meeting finished on Saturday morning, when Krishma and I took a tro tro to Tafi Atome, where there is a sanctuary for Mona monkeys. There are four tribes within the sanctuary and we found the one nearest the village and fed them bananas. The sanctuary was set up 11 years ago as part of a volunteer led tourism project.

Prior to the Ho meeting, and after three months in Ghana, I was unable to put off the inevitable any longer. I had a hair cut. There is no real discussion as there is only really one hair cut available and that involves a thorough going over with the clippers. I now have the shortest haircut I have ever had but it is very practical and needs no attention whatsoever.

This is the last blog entry I shall make before Christmas, so I would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas. I'm off to back my bags for the coast.

1 comment:

Ian Hirst said...

Happy Christmas Richard from Ian, Jack and Matthew.

We have tried sending emails to you but they have bounced back. Plus we are unable to access the blog at school and also I am without Internet at home at the moment hence the delay of getting in touch.

Year 4/5 keep asking after you and are keen to know how you are getting on.

Best Wishes,

Ian